Sunday, March 30, 2008

Don't see much in VISTA

Unbelievable! I won a computer. I put my name in one hat at the Registrar's covention in Orlando and I won a lovely HP Pavilion Entertainment PC - Windows VISTA edition. Got it on Friday.

Since Friday was a busy day bringing home Ebbie from being spayed and going to my Aunt and Uncle's 50th anniversary celebration for which I was the flower girl. (hmm....m...m..hmm. dates me a little!) - Well, I had no time to configure my new computer so I looked forward to this morning.

9:00 AM, I brought my little mug of coffee with me to my nice little home office. Tonight at 1:00 in the morning I have nothing but curses for the new computer. I can't get the printer installed, it isn't compatible with my Camcorder software, AND I can't find all the utilties and configurations I am used to. I hate it right now.

I finally paid Linksys for a support call to help me - and it is taking her about two hours! She is on the computer remotely right now while I sit here waiting ... Why couldn't I have won a trip to the spa!! Why a computer!

Oh but wait - what do I see? Is it talking back to me....Yeah,,,ah! Pretty Computer! It's talking back to me.....(The printer is going - and now she's singing to the tune of Pretty Woman!)

You should see this think. - plays HD dvd's - live connect to TV - four different photo softwares to manage, modify, display and create with.... Great speakers and love the graphics. Not bad for free...not bad at all!

Gotta go play - finally!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Ha! I hated the Vista switch too. But I'm sooooo glad you won - considering I inherited the old one. Yay!

claibornes corner said...

Congrat on the new laptop!!! I would kill to have one of those super slim ones! I never loaded Vista on mine -

mindy said...

does your printer have dark sunglasses and brown hair like roy orbison?? that would be awesome....