Thursday, October 30, 2008

Seven Weird Things

1. I sing to myself - loudly. Now those who know me can stop laughing now. After all no one else enjoys my out of tune crooning with words from somewhere deep in my head. If I run out of songs I just make noise.

2.I don't like the way coffee tastes most of the time. I only like the way it smells. Then I hold my breath and swallow. I drink it black - like a true coffee lover. That's cause I don't want the calories of sugar or cream when I am drinking something I don't like. Even if I like it better with sugar or cream. it makes perfect sense to me.

3. I dropped my cat off on a dark road one night just to get rid of it. That's awful - I know - but at least it wasn't a dog! Two days later our neighbor brought the cat back to me. He was covered in soot from being in the neighbor’s chimney for two days. The darn thing almost found his way home. My three little kids praised the Lord that He answered their prayers. Considering the neighbors had a fire the night before – I thought the kids were probably right. So I kept it.

4. I don’t like to make the restaurant choice when we go out. Everyone thinks I do. I don’t. I can never complain if I make the choice. I would like to choose where NOT to go…which is very different than where to go. My husband always picks where I do NOT want to go. Okay – so I like to play a game about picking the restaurant when we go out to eat.

5. When I am alone I hurry hurry hurry through the house to get everything done so I can sit on the couch and say, ” I’m so bored – I have nothing to do.” Then I wander from room to room and try to work up a cry. Once in a while I am successful – but if I am not crying within – say 75 seconds – I just give up.

6. I am not fair with my kids and their spouses. I mean I cheat. I treat some better than others. Okay – I admit it. The boys get left out – I give the girls a whole lot more. I love to buy things for them – real things – little things – or just be with them. I have the world’s best daughter and two daughters-in-law that I secretly love as my own.

7. I dream I live in a truck…. Or a camper…. Or a little mobile home. I get rid of all my stuff. I have very expensive – but very few items. I am unencumbered – no job, no debts – no health problems. Maybe I move to New Zealand and leave behind about 15 years when I go… I make elaborate plans in my head about my little life. Of course – all my kids and my husband somehow are always there – especially my grandkids. Then I usually look around me and say - "Wow, I don't even remember driving here!" Scarey, huh?

2 comments:

Christy said...

Yay! Thanks for playing :) I love your list!

claibornes corner said...

I'm with you on the motor home thing!!!!!