Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Jesus People Adventure


COEUR d'ALENE, IDAHO



It's not about change. Change is linear. It's about returning - God calls us to return...that's cyclical. That’s what I heard in Idaho. I also heard that God hates self sufficiency. So now I come home with those two nuggets. There was a lot more said but that is what I have come home with.

Bill and I took an amazing trip to Coeur d’Alene Idaho. Chuck Missler is the Bible teacher and father of this ministry- Koininia House. He is as genuine as he appears to be through his teachings. He has had a profound impact and Bill’s life and mine. It reminds me of returning to the Jesus movement of the 70’s when hippie-dom and king-dom joined hands and turned around……returning to the Lord of mercies, the Lord of grace, the Lord of holiness, the Lord of miracles, the Lord of sacrifice, the Lord of judgment, the Lord of power…. Only this time we return with heart and mind.

I remember when everything in me could think of nothing but who Jesus was, what He was doing right now and how I was in the middle of it. I saw Him everywhere, in everything, with the passion of young love. My heart was smitten. This Jesus movement caused folks to go mad for Jesus. It rejected the stale absent, allegorical God of our denominations for the experience of His presence.

As we grew up, and learned lessons of maturing, the fervor eluded us. Today so many are still trying to find it under every miracle-preaching, Bible-thumping somebody who’s been “saved by the power of the Holy Spirit! – Amen? – Amen!” We simply need to return to the Lord our God – with heart and mind. We are mature now. It is time to given him not just our heart but our intellect.

So I am refreshed and ready. How great it is. Look at this beautiful place. I will have to post pictures later. .



The Lake


Chuck Missler - a true Man of God


Beautiful Sunday afternoon!











2 comments:

Christy said...

Beautiful photos! I'm so glad you guys had a good time.

claibornes corner said...

I didn't know where you went - what a nice place to go and the pictures are great!