Thursday, January 17, 2008

LipizzanER

The "ER" is new since 1958 - my book did not used the ER. But none the less I did see the lipizzaner stallions on Sunday. The show was an amazing display of ballet and brawn. The stallions enjoyed themselves as they anticipated the next move which was whispered to them by the slight weight shift of the rider. Totally unnoticed by the crowd at large.

They train for 5-7 years to learn how to dance and dressage! They were finer and excitinger and amazinger than I expected. It was a grand time and I felt like a six year old being wowed. I wanted to pet one and never wash my hands, I wanted to run my fingers through their flowing well groomed manes, I wanted to beg my Daddy to buy one....er...ah...er Didn't mean to get lost in that.

If ever you have the opportunity to see them ----DO!

2 comments:

claibornes corner said...

I've always wanted to see them too - glad you had a great time!
More snow on the way tomorrow!

Christy said...

I'm so glad you got to go! A long time in coming, but it sounds like it was worth the wait.