Friday, January 11, 2008

Add/Drop and Dreams

The end of Add/Drop. It’s like the end of Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve or the first note of the wedding march, or April 15 at 12:00 PM for the accountant. It’s over – the good, bad and ugly of it all. I felt like coming home to celebrate. And I did – by sitting on the couch and watching Modern Marvels and eating 5 pecans.

I do hope my husband takes me to see the Lippizzan Stallions. They are in St. Pete this Sunday. I have never gone to see them but have always wanted to. I got a book for Christmas one year called “Album of Horses”. I thumbed through the full-page colorful drawings of the many horse breeds. Each one had an award from me. I kept switching which horse breed got which award…reading the descriptions over and over. Some of my awards were “Most Want to See”, “Most Beautiful Mane”, “Most Want to Have” – the pinto colored mustang always seem to win that one. Another one I think back and laugh about “Most Likely to Throw Me”. I fancied myself a child expert rider.

I still have the book. I still look through it. The Pinto still wins the prize!! Someday Emma! I still dream of having one....and dream of the most frequent winner of the Most Want to See award!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oooo! I hope you get to see them too!