Thursday, February 19, 2009

Schnauzer Sitting



I have a sweet angel baby visiting my house. Her name is Muffin and she is 12 years old. She is an only child, so we weren’t too sure how the sitting would turn out. No doubt, she misses her mommy! – daddy? I am not too sure whether she misses him - just kidding. He talks a big talk about wanted to get rid of her – but he has a heart of gold and I don’t believe him. The twinkle in his eye gives him away.

I think breeds must recognize one another in some way. Ebbie, my schnauzer baby, is not too cuddly with other dogs…but she seems to follow Muffin wherever she goes in the house. Muffin seems to be quite pleased with a protégé.

She is a smart one. She told me that her mommy takes her for walks. She did not want to go in after her potty break in the yard without enticing me to walk around the block. So I did a few times. Then later, I discovered that she told my hubby the same thing. So she got two walks out of the deal in one night. Ebbie found that very curious as she is violently opposed to a leash.

Buster, our poodle boy is trying to be the big dog but Muffin scares him. She whimpers and he immediately acquiesces his role – she can be the big dog, he decides. Being an only child she isn’t quite sure how to lead - but she does know how to beg for snacks. Even Buster was impressed. Never does her eye leave the mark while she patiently waits for the treat. If you are not fast enough, she let’s you know with a slight little wharf.
Ebbie on the other hand does not have the attention span. But Muffin has her eye on the target -just look. What a sweetie. Look at the photos below.




Oh boy a snack! We are all getting a snack!



What was it I was waiting for? Oh, yeah snack!

What’s over there?
Hey! Looks like somebody got food in that bowl. And it wasn't Me!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Awww! Great pictures mom:) That Muffin is so sweet.

claibornes corner said...

Oh, so cute!! Your heart will be stolen - is that a correct sentence? You know what I mean. I wish I could have 100 Yorkies.