Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Root of the Matter

To go all the way – or not go all the way. That is the question of the age. My age – Going on 60.

So let me get to the root of the matter. It’s been six weeks that I have abstained. I usually do it every week but it is so monotonous and I don’t like wasting my time.

So I let the color grow – no more touching up the roots. What do you know the top of my head is so very, very white – not gray. I went to the colorist to find a way to grow it out without looking – well – looking like I am growing it out.

I told her the usual, “I want my hair to grow out its natural color – without the roots showing. I want my hair to look dark and light and white and blonde – but not gray even if gray is my natural color. I want it to shine and look natural and be exotic and plain. I want it long but short, layered but all the same length. Don’t cut anything off – I like it as it is. Do anything you like – by the way.” So she smiled and said, “I think I’ve got it.”

So getting down to the root of my weekly mind boggle– the photographic truth of it all.



Gray Roots Before





Platinum Blonde After $120




The Joyful Process



Just call me Olga from Scandinavia



Will take some getting used to

2 comments:

Christy said...

Well I think it looks fantastic. And that sounds just like you when you talk to a hair person. You want everything and nothing, all at the same time :)
It would also appear that I got my talent for double entendre from you!

claibornes corner said...

I love it and you look HOT!!!