Saturday, May 10, 2008

Dietpause

My plants are full of dead buds. If I have to pinch them all off to get more flowers – well I guess I won’t have any more flowers because it is too hard to pinch just the dead flower and not the branch. So I will leave the plants “a natural”. Anyway here is the best day of the flowers in the early morning sun. Kind of cool.
Why can’t I diet? I wonder if aging affects one’s diet hormones. I mean, surely there are diet hormones. They hit women monthly. You feel fat, ugly bloated and HAVE to diet. Few ever make it past a few weeks and even fewer make it stick more than a year or two. Then there are those who have hyperdietism – those are the individuals who can diet with a passion, stay thin and fluff-buff(that is look like you work out just enough to have some attractive muscles but not like the man-woman on the Muscle Magazines.) and they even enjoy it!
I should be good at dieting. I start one every Monday. I used to pride myself in self-denial. I went to many showers and parties with incredible delectables and I haughtily said no to it all while wearing a “Jesus Loves you” smile. I looked down on all the poor women who were filling their bodies with everything sinful to eat – unable to stop themselves – but alas I am now one of them.
But I do have the comfort of the setpoint theory. All of our bodies have a setpoint where they just want to be – weightwise. It just so happens mine is higher than yours. I cannot help it, my body demands it and I just don’t have the strength to battle this body any longer. You see I have been through dietpause and all those diet hormones have succumbed to the aging process. I could go to the physician and get some dietgestrone and actually I have. But it made my heart race and made me stay up all night…so I have learned the wisdom of allowing my body to win its battle – to hit its setpoint and to let sleeping diet hormones lie. I have learned to cope. I will just start fresh every Monday morning and go until I give up – be it Thursday, Friday or Saturday. (Sunday is ALWAYS diet day off).
This being Saturday morning, I want some pancakes and bacon, and a cinnamon bun, and just a bite of Bill’s home fries and I would love a small bite of grits – cheesy grits - hmm good. But I promise to eat a nice bowl of fruit along with everything else so I don’t feel too guilty – that is until Monday.

1 comment:

claibornes corner said...

Don't even think Diet while we are there!!!! We'll have fun