Monday, April 14, 2008

Mein Erbe




There are those days you wish you could go back in time and be a part of something from then to now so that you could have a thousand memories of yesterday that you do not have...but only wish you had. That makes perfect sense to me, hope it does to you.

Sunday was one of those days. I took my parents to the park to take photos in authentic German regalia. They look the part - perfectly the part. I wanted to know German, remember German events, have German memories- I would like to know what '"Gott segnen das wenig eine" means.





I am erasing all the negative things I feel about Germany and the German way of life and embracing my heritage as I help my parents plan an old fashioned German party for their 60th. Just look at them. They deserve to enjoy a celebration that is all about them - their way of life, their history - what they enjoy and with whom they enjoy it.

3 comments:

claibornes corner said...

OMG - they look so precious! Are they going to wear these costumes at the party? I love it and thank you for this - can you send me some of the pictures for Kenny - I'd like to print some....

60ish and Glad said...

I will send you some. They are amazing. Mom wants to wear the outfit for the party indeed. I am going to make some small photos for part of the decoration. I will send you some.

Christy said...

I know exactly what you mean:) And I asolutely love those photos - they are sooooo precious!