Friday, July 18, 2008

Memory Chocolates

I have this special little box. It contains my memory chocolates - very delicate ones at that. My daughter Christy made them. When Emma was a baby, she made these cute little journals with her personal little flair designing them. She then thought about all the things she would find interesting to ask her grandmother, her auntie, her mother - the kind of interesting things that bring floods of memories to old minds and fires up the emotions long put to bed. They came in a little box that looked like Christy's paper garden cut into little printed question strips of delightful-as-chocolate surprises - cut with pinking sheers of course.

It was a mother's day gift to all of us older women in Emma's life. The point was to share our memories with Emma in our journal. I decided to write in it over the years. Every now and then I remember it, and sneak it from the cupboard for a moment of memory delight. I pull out a question and answer it. I think it is much more a gift to me than Emma. I saved the left side of the page for Emma - someday, I hope she can fill it with all her memories of Grandma and say I think this is much more a gift to me than Grandma.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I can't wait to read it someday! Then it will be a present for me too :)

claibornes corner said...

ooh, I need to write in mine too!!