Saturday, November 3, 2007

Blocking Progress

I wish I worked in an industry where you could pick and choose what jobs you do, when you do it, and for how much you will lift your little skilled fingers. It has taken no less than two weeks and 23 phone calls to get quotes on mending my fence. I did a write up to justify everything and put every expense I could think of in there…hoping for top dollar from the insurance company of the drunk who ran into the fence. I finally sent the list of quotes off Thursday night and on Friday I got a quote in the mail from a concrete company that was oh – 7 days late - that would have netted me an additional - oh $500 - from the insurance company, My timing is off this week.

I missed breakfast with the president of our college – another timing issue I wish I could erase. She was ticked – and rightfully so.

The best part of this week has been the weather. I love November in Florida. It is like the coming out of a Wisconsin spring – only different – not as fresh, lovely, amazing. Okay never mind – it is not at all like the coming out of a Wisconsin spring. But the breeze feels great through the house and the passionate heart-swelling evening skies never miss their timing.

Thanksgiving is coming. I look so forward to a houseful of loved ones. Our pups have their fall haircut…should be long enough in December through February to keep them from shivering. I ate cinnamon crème stuffed pancakes this morning to celebrate.

2 comments:

claibornes corner said...

very nice post and the pups look great! Christy will have to knit them sweaters!

Christy said...

Haha! No dog sweaters this year. But they do look good and the weather is amazing!