Friday, October 5, 2007

Don’t – I Mean Donut

I have been out of town for four days at a software consortium meeting. That is boring. The good part is I got to spend time with three ladies I work with. Women talk about such different things than men. Last time I was with two men from work. Men talk about the menu – “Well, look at that – they’ve got a buffalo burger here!” “Yeah, ever eaten at Wing House – gotta love that buffalo sauce!” while rubbing his belly. They spend four days together eating each evening together - and don’t even know each other’s names.

Women are different. We hardly had time to order because within five minutes of sitting down we were deep in conversation about caring for a dying mother and the pain of divorce. We know how many kids we each have, how many siblings, what we are allergic too, how we are handling menopause, out philosophy on exercise and our latest diet challenges. And…we share a triple decker chocolate chip cookie ice cream mountain.

It must have done something to my female hormones. In 24 hours I have gone from wanting to quit work, to wanting to be old and die, to wanting to get off my butt and exercise – to wanting to eat a dozen glazed raised donuts.

I guess you know what I did. But honestly there were only three – not a dozen!!! I hate female hormones when they betray me!

3 comments:

claibornes corner said...

Oh - now I want a donut!!!! Have a great day with "Emma" birthday girl! Sissy

Christy said...

Um, out of that list, I pick the donuts too. You can have the rest of the mess - just give me a donut!

claibornes corner said...

It's time for another blog sissy!