Saturday, August 15, 2009

She Danced

She danced! Cane and all. It was worth the trip. In the midst of the busiest week a registrar can have (last day of fall registration), I took a day and flew with my 84-year-old mother to the wedding of my most affable nephew, Jordan and his beautiful bride, Melissa.

My mother was looking so forward to this one. Her last grandchild to get married. Melissa had been to Florida and mother loved her - as we all did. Not only that, we had the privilege of seeing Leon, the husband of Jordan's sister, Tessa. Leon is a war hero in our book and Tessa is a brave and good mom of precious Natalie.

Family is fun - and the celebration was great. I didn't know anyone but my few family, but I enjoyed their joy. I also enjoyed my dress. I bought a dress - probably my most favorite dress in years. Very plain and simple but I loved my dress. No one said it looked pretty or anything - but I didn't need it -because I love it! I bought for one reason only -

I wore my soft and striking cashmere wrap that my most talented daughter made me and the dress made the wrap look perfectly perfect!

But the best of the best, is Mom enjoyed herself. As we left, she walked right out in the middle of all the dancing 20-year-olds and did a little jig with her grandson. He was delighted and it made it all worth while!! Can I just say AHHHH!

7 comments:

Christy said...

Beautiful. I'm so glad you had fun *and* that she danced *and* that you wore your wrap with your gorgeous dress. You were stunning in it when I previewed it :)

60ish and Glad said...

Yeah! a compliment.

Kathy said...

To get to dance at your grandchild's wedding--definitely an "ahhhh" moment! I hope to be so blessed! Your mom is so special to me

!!! Like minds are on the same wave length!! I just got"dinged" from my email and you had just written!!
Thanks!
Kathy

Kathy said...

To get to dance at your grandchild's wedding--definitely an "ahhhh" moment! I hope to be so blessed! Your mom is so special to me

!!! Like minds are on the same wave length!! I just got"dinged" from my email and you had just written!!
Thanks!
Kathy

Kathy said...

Can you tell I'm new to all this blogging stuff! Sorry!!

claibornes corner said...

Oh, I do hope someone got a photo of that!!!! And where is a picture of you in your dress??? Did you NOT take a camera!!!! Bad Bad Sissy..

60ish and Glad said...

Kathy Kathy! So glad you wrote on my blog!~!! Thank you Thankyou! She is special.

Sissy, I don't think we got a photo...what a shame!