Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Better Body Beat Me Up Camp

So I signed up at work with 25 other middle-aged women and 5 brave men. We want to get healthy, you see. We all took this Blue Cross Blue Shield health survey for Wellness Week and found out that the bunch of us are overweight, sick and very unhealthy. Our answer? Better Body Boot Camp. A very ambitious staffer got Lifestyles to send two muscle monkeys to work us out. They are awesome - unless you are doing sit ups, or scrimmages, or curls...to a whistle. SHRILL up...SHRILL down...SHRILL up....SHRILL...down...SHRILL - pretend you lost count so you can rest two seconds...oops - missed the up....Shrill down.

Then you just want the burn to end and not be the first one to give up. I guess that is why we are doing it in a group. They call it motivation. We call it group humiliation.

So I made this big boast before we actually exercised...now I have to make myself work out daily and lose all this weight...because I have to win! I don't even care if there is a contest - I still have to win.... I have to prove I am the jocka from Maraca baby!

If this works – I will be glad. If it doesn’t I will be disappointed. If I could sleep through it and wake up and have all this abuse in the past…then I will be very glad….but the key is, if I don’t try I will be MORE than disappointed in myself.

The saga will continue…….

1 comment:

Christy said...

Ha! Muscle Monkeys :)