Sunday, December 16, 2007

Starting Over



A week has passed – Opie’s memory forever stays in a corner of my heart…but the empty hole was too big. I knew that at Christmas I would have a long two+ week break and wouldn’t have another for a year. So despite the fact that it was hard I decided to get another baby. Not a poodle…..all I would say is you are not Opie.

Probably the loss was even more poignant because this is our first Christmas without Bill’s parents. Both died this year…so even more so we need some cheer in the house.

So I got a mini-schnauzer. She’s very calm and sweet gentle feminine personality. Her first night she slept all night right next to me on her pillow. She has been a wonderful boost for Buster. I awoke in the night and saw them sleeping nose-to-nose. Her name is Ebbie.

Jon and Sarah went with me to look at her. I was sure that I would reject even the wiles of a puppy – but I was wrong! She wiggled and squiggled her way home to the Bucklew household.

Not much else I have going on – can’t wait to be home for two weeks.!





Introducing Ebbie - the heart-warmer




3 comments:

claibornes corner said...

Oh My - what a face!!! She's Darling and you did the right thing. It's hard and you are not replacing Opie but just opening your heart for more love.

Christy said...

I just wuv that wittle face!

claibornes corner said...

more more more more photos please!!!